- Scientific research
- Improvement knowledge/quality projects
- Clinical case studies
- Does the abstract follow the guidelines given for preparation of abstract?
- Does the title of the presentation explain the contents of the abstract?
- Does the language of the abstract indicate that the author can present the paper in
- understandable English?
- Does the abstract reflect the Congress theme?
- Does the abstract have objectives for the Congress participant?
- Will the subject be of use to the Congress participants in their own work settings?
- Will the presentation encourage perioperative nurses to analyze current practice?
- Will the presentation motivate perioperative nurses to develop their practice?
- Scientific research, Improvement knowledge and Clinical case studies will be accepted
- The length of the abstract should not exceed 250 words for scientific research and improvement knowledge, and for clinical case studies it will be no more than 500 words.
- Name(s) of authors(s), underline presenter(s), institute and short biography and picture of the presenter(s).
- Contact person, address, telephone and e-mail
- Preferred type of presentation; paper or poster
- Title of the abstract
- Abbreviations must be defined the first time used
- All accepted papers will be allowed 20-30 minutes for presentation and questions from the delegates.
- Presentations based on research studies should include: Title, background, research problem(s), goals, methodology and available results. Mention the key words at the end of the text
- Presentations based on improvement knowledge/quality projects should include: Title, background, focus of interest, previous research and quality work, purpose and/or problem, theoretical framework and/ or model for quality improvement – present in relevant literature references, conclusions
- Presentations based on clinical case description should include: Title, description of your case, questions related to your case to ask the audience during your presentation, conclusion: Add the learning points of your case in 2 or 3 bullet points
- the applicant sends his abstract electronically by email to the SC for consideration
- the SC considers each abstract, selects and accepts those which are suitable for the scientific program
- the SC informs the applicants about the outcome of the selection
- the applicant must inform if he is willing to publish his lecture on line after a congress
Radisson BLU Royal Bryggen 6-8 September 2023
NORNA 6th congress.
Download this announcement! (.pdf)
NORNA invites perioperative nurses to submit abstracts to be considered for presentation at the 6th NORNA Congress in Bergen, Norway.
Abstracts from colleagues from countries outside NORNA are also welcome.
The aim of the conference is to share perspectives on operating room nursing, and how the future might influence or affect our role as operating room nurses. The theme of the congress is: One step ahead – perspectives on operating room nursing.
The congress language is English and all abstracts should be written and presented in English.
Clinical case studies
During the 6th NORNA Congress we will have a new type of scientific session based on clinical case studies. We would like you to submit a case study, that you will be able to present and discuss during the NORNA Congress. This session will allow the audience and the chairs/board to discuss about your clinical case study. Each clinical case study will present a problematic which you encountered in your professional life (either personally or experienced by a colleague). Once the problematic is exposed to the audience and the board, a discussion will be opened to explore the different possible way to solve this issue. At the end of your presentation, you will explain to the audience how this problematic was solved. If you are interested, please submit a PDF file of your clinical case study.
Abstracts in general subject areas relevant to the congress theme and aim, are welcomed for oral or poster presentation in the following categories:
A scientific committee (SC) will evaluate all abstracts and posters for oral or poster presentation.
Deadline: March 17th 2023.
Any questions regarding submissions? Please feel free to contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you and hope to see you in Bergen.
Submit your abstract/poster by uploading it as an attachment to email@example.com
Your benefits if accepted as an oral speaker, is a free registration to the congress with lunch and coffee breaks included. Benefits for accepted posters will be 500 NOK. from the registration fee
Criteria for abstract evaluation
All abstract should include
Abstracts will only be accepted if they fulfil all of the above criteria and are received by the stated deadline.
Handling of abstracts/ poster
Thank you for submitting your abstract/poster to NORNA congress. You will hear from us as soon as we have evaluated all abstracts and compiled a scientific programme, at the latest in the beginning of May 2023.Les mer
Den 6. NORNA kongressen avholdes i Bergen 6. - 8. september 2023. Hold av datoen!
Mer informasjon kommer.
Lenke til PDF versjon av flyer her.
The sixth Nordic Congress for Operating Room Nurses - the NORNA Congress 2020 - will be held in Bergen, Norway, 9. -11. september 2020.Les mer